Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Rest

Meet JJ!!

It has been a whole year since I had a series of calamities that caused me to take a needed rest.  During my rest period we decided to get another Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  This is not a dog to sit quietly in a chair while I paint.  This guy likes to move and play.  He is fun and he makes us laugh. He is not the reason I needed a rest, however, he is a bit of a distraction.

Today we loaded up JJ and painting gear and went down to the river.  Here is what I decided to paint while JJ and the Windsurfer went out paddling.


As you can see JJ is not particularly happy about this sport, but it is better than sitting in a chair.


JJ did like the geese.

This was way cool! 


4 comments:

Ida M. Glazier said...

So happy to see this new dog!! Hope things are going well for you---I have my new dog who is 2 this year and quite a good cattle dog---She likes to go when I paint---she spends the time hunting. Good to see this post and hope you are well. Ida

Donna Van Tuyl said...

Thank you Ida. Cattle dogs are very special. We have some around here and when these dogs are working, they are having fun it seems. I need to tell you that the last painting you posted on your blog is what got me going again. Painting dry hills is a real challenge and you did such a splendid job, that I decided to give it a try. Using the toned down grey colors and watching out for too much high key, was a needed reminder.

Warmest regards,

Donna

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna, I tried sending you an email but that old e-address came back as 'not receiving mail'.
Is there a way you could contact me back!
Thanks.
I saw your painting on Adrienne's blog. a.k.a Zip A Dee

Amy said...

Hello Donna,

We enjoy one of your pastels in our home that we purchased in Chelan. It is a lovely little river wandering through the hills. I was searching on line to learn more about you and your work. This is the most recent post I could locate for you. I am hoping you are well.

Best regards,
Amy