Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sparkle - en Plein Air!!


Yes, today in the middle of winter I got up the gumption to go out painting, the bright sun helped. It was a splendid day with a couple inches of new snow all sparkly and clean. This is about 1/2 mile from home, an easy walk or trudge with backpack and easel, but worth the effort. I wore felt lined boots, turtle neck, sweater, sweatshirt, heavy coat, and wool gloves with the finger tips cut out. I was warm and dry. The temperature was right around 26 degrees.
I will take a better photo of the painting for review.

4 comments:

Yuri Wolkovich said...

Donna, you're a real hero of pastel =) I admire your hardiness.
Hands did not freeze?
Happy new year!

Donna Van Tuyl said...

Thank you and Happy New Year. I don't feel very hardy compared to other artist that get out rain or shine, I wait for shine.

Donna T said...

Incredibly gorgeous day and scene to paint, Donna! I'm so glad you were able to be out to experience this. I look forward to seeing your painting in a little more detail, although I can already see that it is a success! Happy New Year!!!

Donna Van Tuyl said...

Thank you Donna T. I am excited about it. As you can imagine I have painted this scene many times (or try to) and this one has me happy. Happy New Year!!