Saturday, July 19, 2008

Morning Meadows


This Morning I painted these two little scenes of a meadow near our house. Just when I had put down my camera to paint, this doe and her fawn walked by in front of me. I ever so slowly picked up my camera for this shot. How splendid it made my day. Wildlife always manages to make me pause and look. Imagine how we must look to the deer. They are probably thinking "look a people" while we are thinking "look a deer". I think they were headed down to the river for water. Then a covey of quail came by. They were too quick for me and my camera.

I did not put the deer in the painting because this is plein air painting. They only stood in this position for a couple of seconds, much too fast for me to paint. But they live on in my memory and my camera.






No comments: