Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rowena State Park


This is something I started last week painting outdoors, then the wind blew me away so I finished yesterday here at home. I like working this way because it gives me some time to think about what changes I might need or weather or not it was a good choice as a painting. Whenever I am outdoors trying to compose a painting I get confused. Surrounded by 360 degrees of beautiful landscape and trying to narrow that down to something that will fit on a 9”x12” piece of paper is difficult.

I have also posted this painting on Wet Canvas and by clicking on this link you can read the different comments and suggestions from other artists on this painting. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497199


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, this is just fantastic! I love the colors in the hills... You have a real handle on creating interest for the viewer! I give it five stars!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your blog. Wonderful thoughts, positive, uplifting and I love your paintings!! Loved what you wrote - "paint well, often, work on quality, and the rest will take care of itself." I think this says it all and you do a great job!!