Saturday, May 24, 2008

Near the Source - 18"22" - SOLD


I have been working this large studio painting this past week and finally today am getting close to a finished piece.
Last week we stopped here for me to paint, (see May 19, 2008 post) before it started blowing and raining. The temperature was near 90. The snow on Mt. Adams was just beginning to melt. I was standing in about an inch of mud and water and I am sure after the melt started that this is all under water.
Below in my second post is the completed plein air painting. In the studio, for the sake of composition, I moved the water over, not literally of course-I moved it in my head. The water you see was actually off to my left.
To view comments from my artist friends, go to: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497782

No comments: