Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Splendor

So far the month of March has proven to be extreme and unbearable with cold winds, snow, rain and a little of everything else.  Today is the Spring Equinox.  This is a big deal and so I was inspired to finish this pastel painting and move on to another of spring color and warmth.

Below is something I read this morning, I admit that it took awhile for me to realize it was the first day of spring.


Springtime brings new birth—a beautiful reminder of the activity of God! Whether it is a sprout emerging from the soil, bursting into the light; a bird chipping out of the egg it once called home; or a baby taking its first breath, life is always unfolding. A newborn baby or a seedling for a mighty oak may seem weak and fragile, yet each is filled with immense potential.
Likewise, I am filled with promise and potential, and I let this day be a fresh start. As I release self-limiting thoughts and behaviors, I am reborn. Divine ideas seem to come to me from out of the blue. I am filled with hope as I breathe in the fresh air of this new day and feel fully alive.

1 comment:

Donna T said...

Gorgeous painting, Donna! There's no mistaking what season inspired it! A fresh start sounds like what I need, too. Now if it would only STOP SNOWING :-)