Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day - plein air day and Where Eagles Fly

Yesterday was going to be a day to paint outside.  We drove to the location, was windy and cool.  I took photo's, came home, and after a nice nap painted this from one of my photo's.  I felt that even though it was not plein air, I did capture the morning light.

Today another plein air day with the Windsurfer and Buckley along to keep me company.  The results will be published soon.  Here is the scene....


I completed the underpainting and then heat rolled in.  We packed up and came home.  Early morning is so beautiful in July.  Enjoy your Independence Day and be alert.

2 comments:

Donna T said...

You made the most of a beautiful day, Donna. Your painting does have a plein air feel. That's a gorgeous spot along the river! I could get lost just painting the rocks!

Donna Van Tuyl said...

Thank you Donna T. As you can read above out computer is broken. I saw your nice comment a few day ago. I resisted working on this old clunker, but it better than nothing....