Sunday, June 27, 2010

Family Outing

Buckley took us on an outing today to Viento State Park. I hauled his chair and my painting gear to this sheltered beach. Buckley and I are getting the gear thing down to one trip, it is a heavy trip, but a single trek. Most doggies would not be very impressed with having a chair, but a Cavalier King Charle Spaniel is a special little dog and used to comfort. He enjoys his chair and gets lots of love and attention from all kinds of people. When I forget the chair, he is not happy and will lay down on the hard cold ground and give me stink eye. I have learned my lesson.

My Windsurfer joined us today. Buckley found this to be a little confusing. First, my Windsurfer goes down the path and then suddenly appears on the water. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (at least this one) are not fond of water. Buckley went out into the water until if reached the top of his toe nails, about a 1/2 inch or less and decided that was far enough. My Windsurfer had to wade onto shore to give Buckley the required attention that a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel expects.
A grand day!

No comments: