Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Viento State Park and Rough Weather

This little painting was done from a photo taken last summer during wonderful warm weather with normal light warm winds blowing.

All winter long I have been looking forward to spring and summer and plein air painting. Nature seems to have other plans. Yesterday we had something in the gorge that in these parts is labeled "epic". The wind has been building all week and then yesterday really let loose with 60+ wind gusts. I do enjoy weather, really rough weather, and watched with awe these powerful forces at work. However, having said that, I am getting a little bit tired of rough weather and again, looking forward to warm, balmy winds and the gentle lapping of water at my feet.

3 comments:

Ida M. Glazier said...

Beautiful, Donna. Makes me think of our Lake
Tahoe which is 20 min. from us. We have also had the winds, down trees and lines and lots of work because of it. But things are getting better!

Donna Van Tuyl said...

Hi Ida. Thank you. I got the term Rough Weather from your blog. I think the word rough sums it all up into one word. We are still waiting for it to get better........soon.......

Donna T said...

I like the soft shadows along the shore, Donna. Very nice painting! I hope you get some better weather soon - can't have Buckley blowing away!