We just returned from vacation. This vacation to a tropical island was all that it could be with relaxation, great food, sunshine, and the surf. On the airplane as we traveled I read an article about the business blog. Immediately I decided to create a blog about blogging.
The idea of writing a blog about writing a blog will help me to clarify what it is this blog is meant to be. First and foremost this blog is about the business of painting. Professionals unfamiliar with business blogging tend to equate all blogs with personal, diary-type endeavors filled with self-centered posts about the writer’s life. I hope that this blog can be a look behind-the-scenes of painting. To be an open, honest, and tranparent look at what I am painting and why. I like sharing the thoughts and quotes from artist past and present, as these are keys to successful painting along with the rules and practice required for this endeavor.
Comments on all paintings and subjects are not only encouraged but also desirable in this blogging world. Please leave a comment and I will respond.
Here are a few points and definitions from the article I read:
· Keep your blog casual and personal.
· Social media refers to the more dynamic, interactive aspect of the evolving web.
· That through a blog’s comments functionality, business can interact directly with clients in a public, worldwide forum.
· Any company can establish a strong presence in the blogosphere, thus powerfully branding itself as open, honest, and transparent.
· Write compelling titles, get to the point quickly, tell the truth, keep posts short, and invite readers to respond.
· Post three times a week.
· Plan, jump in, and then clarify as you go.
· Keep an eye on success.