Thursday, August 7, 2008

An Ephemeral Natural Sanctuary - SOLD


A group of us painted here on a hot August day. As I painted I thought about the beauty and peaceful qualities surrounding me. I thought about living here. When I returned home I read about Mt. Adams on the Internet and then remembered how deep the snow is from October to sometime in May. How cold and inhospitable the land can be, with snow, wind, rain, and fire. During the winter months the sun and the mountain are hidden behind clouds. To live here one would be in constant battle with nature. The good news is that this creates a natural sanctuary. Few people live here and fewer people live here year round. We can visit, enjoy, paint, breath the air, and return home with memories that carry us through. Spending a day at the mountain is ephemeral.


1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

Two fantastic paintings, Donna! I can feel the clean air...great work.